If you live in Tucson and follow Practically Perfect Princess events don't forget the Tea Party this weekend.
Saturday August 11th, 2012
Your attendance is requested at a Princess Tea Party!Princess crafts * Take a picture with a Princess* Princess story time * Practically Perfect Princess snacks and treats* Face painting
12 noon to 2 pm
6230 E Speedway Blvd
Host your own! Now if you can't come all the way to Tucson on Saturday here are some fun ideas for you and your princess to have a tea party of your own at home!
My little people and I are frequent tea party hosts. Here is some of the fun things we do.
1. We usually start by making a batch of sugar cookies to decorate at the party. Here's my recipe it is Princess approved and yummerlicious!
Fluffy and soft sugar cookies
*This recipe is large . If you only want to make a few cookies it can be put in the freezer for later use.
1 cup margarine/butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. milk
Combine margarine, sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs. Cream together.
Sift the following together:
4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Once sifted add flour mixture to the cream mixture and mix well. I usually refrigerate for about half an hour. During this time the kids and I make the colored frosting to go on top and get all of the sprinkles we will put on top ready.
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use your favorite cookie cutters . Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Now it's time to decorate the table up with fancy china and a tablecloth. If your princess is too little to use the breakables then use a plastic princess tea set. For extra seats at the table I usually let the kids bring out their favorite stuffed friends.
3. Make some pink lemonade and put it in the fridge to start cooling.
4. Now go get dressed "fancy". My older children forbade me from sharing their dress up creations. We have had smurf kings, rocker princesses, bunny princesses. This is the funnest part for me!
5. Time to party! Bring out the cookies and punch.
Hope to see you out on Saturday, but if not we hope you do have a tea party with your princess! Make sure to send pics!